Hello! I’m Janice Hoffmann.
I help artists, actors, makers, and seekers start, test, tweak and finish amazing life projects of their own.
This is the part where you ask: What kinds of amazing projects?
Meaningful, high-impact re-invention projects — like writing books, poems & plays. starting schools (!) and educational programs, choreographing dances, designing products and happy lives, launching micro-businesses, planting gardens, re-imagining work + careers, entering contests, experimenting with nutrition and directing documentaries.
Projects that make you feel amazing about yourself — while making the world an (even) more amazing place to live in.
This is the part where you ask: How do you help people make their amazing projects?
I bribe them with wine & chocolate! Just kidding. There’s a little more to it than that.
The truth is, I guide people through an evidence-based, crazy-effective-creative adventure. It’s a process I developed after 20 years of working with actors & performers and the same 20 years working with retailers, 15 years of training + working as a certified master life coach, and 316 days of majorly-intense training in the field of Positive Psychology.
It’s kind of like going on a 90-day field trip, where you get to workshop, rehearse and refine a big idea, and then re-emerge on the other side … with something to share. Like, literally. At a public presentation. (Or as I call it, a salon.)
But enough about coaching. Hey, this page is supposed to be about ME!
Here are 5 things most people don’t know about me — until we’ve had a glass of wine & wandered around the High Line, together.
1. I became a life coach by accident. A friend of mine (who owns an acting studio in NYC) asked if I’d coach her students & help them, y’know, unlock their own awesomeness. I said, oh, hmm, OK, why not?
Two people showed up. The next session, four people showed up. Then eight. And now, 24,900 hours and boat loads of training later, I’ve had the honor of rocking out projects & ideas with thousands of people, all across the creative universe.
2. I co-produced a Hamlet Festival in a tiny NYC storefront with two other creative mega-watts — featuring over 70 versions of Shakespeare’s Hamlet (and Hamlet-ish productions). This was the pre-precursor to what is now known as … the NYC Fringe Festival. It’s incredible what one small-ish project can bloom into, huh?
3. I have a bewilderingly accurate sense of what’s NEXT. I lived in in a part of Brooklyn (which is now thought of as the hippest neighborhood in the nation) back when it was guns & prostitutes, instead of gastropubs & graphic designers. As an early adopter, when people were scratching their head over the nature and purpose of life coaching, I became a trained + certified coach – and now, I live, work and play on the rivers edge, where I can see, smell & taste possibilities, before most people sniff it out. It’s a (freaky) gift.
4. I was gifted a scholarship to study Positive Psychology. In April 2013 I became a part of the first-ever graduating class to be certified in Positive Psychology, at Kripalu — woot, woot!
I believe that Positive Psychology is the future of personal development & creativity research. ‘Cause a lasting intervention builds on your natural strengths & your sense of meaning & purpose — rather than forcing yourself to focus on what’s “broken” & “hard.”
5. Over the past 10 years, I’ve given away over $14,000 worth of coaching through my Success Grants. It’s one of the projects I’m most proud of — ever. And if you think you’re “too small” or “not important” enough to be a life-changing philanthropist, take it from me: you’re ready.
BONUS ROUND: I won COACH OF THE YEAR – KAPOW!
But enough about ME. Let’s talk about YOU.
‘Cause you’re pretty amazing, too.
Here’s a kooky question, since you’ve made it this far …
Have you ever experienced something — a painting, a book, a movie, or a song — that was so amazing, you gritted your teeth and thought, DAMN! I can do that?!
WRITE TO ME HERE and tell me about it. (I may have an idea or two, for you…)
Janice’s enthusiasm and energy infuses every coaching session with a feeling that anything is possible, and her techniques and tools have consistently helped me break through obstacles and reach the next level. She’s the real deal. -Erin
This course has been so empowering and motivating. Thank you, you’re freaking awesome. -The Morning Class
I just had to text you and let you know that between our session yesterday and ‘just doing it’ today, I miraculously made $3600.00. How’s that for manifestation.~ Anna, 9 Goals In 90 Days
What an amazing inspiration. Thank you for opening my eyes. -Adrian, Summer Intensive
Had a great chat with Janice this morning @a_sweetlife – she is awesome! -Amy, Savor The Success, Virtual Mastermind
Janice Hoffmann’s presentation ‘TIME OF YOUR LIFE’ was my favorite part of the day. -Monthina, Volunteer Management Conference, NYC
Every determined person needs a great coach. You’re mine. -Tiwana, New Years Blessings
Thank YOU! I’m so grateful for our time together. It was truly, exactly what I needed and more! ~ Alexis, Spot Session
Thanks for keeping the big goals sexy and believable. I struggle with that – and thank you for forcing me to look up at the sky frequently. ~ Pauline, Jump Start
Janice is the “Soul Coach.” She is compassionate, genuine and generous. She travels patiently with you on your journey to find your own unique voice enabling you to sing your own special song. If you are ready the teacher will appear and there is no better guide than Janice. -Betty, SPOT Session
OMG, I GOT THE JOB! Thank you for always being there. You played a huge role in guiding me to this place. -Julie, 9 Goals In 90 Days
You are DEFINITELY the shit.
I’ll see you on the trail – xo. jlh